If you can’t pay your bill, call us on 0333 370 9900 and we can try and help by setting up a payment plan. We’re open Monday to Friday 9am till 5:00pm.
If we don’t hear from you or receive a payment, we’ll try to contact you and send you a reminder.
After this, if we still don’t hear from you, we’ll try to contact you again. Please note that unless we hear from you, you’ll start accruing payment and interest changes. In some cases, we might try to visit your premises to assess your circumstances, and we’ll add the cost of this visit to your account.
As a last resort when we have exhausted all other options, we may disconnect your supply. In some cases, we may attempt to do this remotely, or take a case to court to obtain a warrant to enter your premises to disconnect supply. Any costs will be added to your account. We’ll never knowingly disconnect a supply to a vulnerable person.
Please contact us as soon as possible so that we can help you.
We can look at the wide range of different payment options available to you. It’s important that we understand your individual circumstances so that we can agree the most suitable payment terms. We’ll look to spread any debt repayments over a period of time that suits your individual circumstances.
If you need independent advice, these are organisations you can contact:
- Citizens Advice (England & Wales) – provide information on what to do if a domestic or microbusiness customer based in England or Wales cannot afford its energy bills. Freephone 0808 223 1133 or use their online webchat from 9am-5pm. For textphone, dial 18001 followed by the helpline number. To contact a Welsh-speaking adviser freephone 0808 223 1144. For more information visit Debt and money – Citizens Advice
- Advice Direct Scotland (Scotland) – for domestic and microbusiness customers based in Scotland struggling to pay, Scotland’s national energy advice service run by Advice Direct Scotland, can provide free, practical advice and information on energy-related matters to the citizens Scotland www.energyadvice.scot. Freephone 0808 196 8660 or use their online webchat Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Moneyhelper – provide debt advice to domestic customer. For more information, please see Use our debt advice locator (moneyhelper.org.uk).
- Business Debtline – a charity giving free and independent business debt advice over the phone and online https://www.businessdebtline.org/. Call on 0800 197 6026 or webchat with an adviser. Monday to Friday: 9am – 8pm, webchat closes at 6:30pm.
- Energy Saving Trust – provide advice on reducing bills through energy efficiency. For more information on tools and products https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/business/energy-efficiency/.
- Further energy efficiency advice can be found at https://www.simpleenergyadvice.org.uk/.